Skip to main content

Branded Bag Cleaning Service

Recently, my brother commented that my Prada bag looks like a dumpster bag and no one will steal it since people thought that it is not authentic. I have been using this bag for 6 years and I think I am used to the dirty sights, that's why I don't really mind the dirty issue. Few years back I have tried to wash it with soap powder but those black patches are still there, doesn't really help.

I am aware that there are shops that offer bag cleaning service but they charged an exorbitant price. As a result, I have been putting aside the cleaning task for years.

Two weeks ago, I finally decided to give it a try. So, I went down to the shop and asked for a quotation. To my little surprise, they quoted me S$140. After some bargain, I paid S$120 for the cleaning service. The shop is located in a mall and therefore they follow normal mall operation hours. The shop accepts credit cards or NETS. The cleaning service takes not more than 10 days. I received SMS before 10 days due informing me my bag is ready for collection.

I am satisfied with the result, all the black patches are gone and they look new again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Interest Kids Saving Account

I n Singapore, we have CDA savings account for new born with dollar for dollar matching from the government. In addition, for those with household income <S$4500, you just need to save S$50 and OCBC will contribute one time S$100 and subsequently Singapore government will match another S$150 into the CDA account. As a result, you have S$300 in the account with only S$50 out of pocket and this S$50 can be a portion of baby bonus (let's say $6K). Hmm..., these sound not bad after all! Nonetheless, the drawback is, the interest earned for this account is pretty low which is about 0.8% a year. Therefore, I don't think it's wise to deposit the full lump sum of baby bonus into CDA account at one go, just the sufficient amount to be spent on doctor visit, immunization, etc. Lately, I found out that BankWest (one of the bank in Australia) is paying 5.75% variable interest for Kids Saving Account. This is a monthly savings account whereby you can choose to deposit A$25 to A$250

First Home in Singapore

L ike many other Singaporean, at theage of early twenties, I am planning to purchase my first home. At this stage,I am at a cross junction whereby I will have to choose what type of home I needto go for. Since I am not rich and I do not want any external assistance(borrow money from parent), private property is definitely out. One will not beable to feel sense of achievement by asking for parent or relatives’ help.   Looks like I am going for public housing (HDB) then. Filtering EC and DBSSwhich I can’t afford, I still have to decide on how many flat rooms of HDBflats I am going for: studion / 2 rooms / 3 rooms / 4 rooms / 5 rooms / EM. By the way for thosewho are not familiar with Singapore public housing, 3 rooms flat doesn’t mean flatwith 3 bedrooms and 5 rooms flat doesn’t mean flat with bedrooms. On top ofthat, there are several models for resale flats. For instance there are model A4 rooms flats, model S 4 rooms flat, etc. They are varies in term of size, 4rooms flats are usua

CPF Voluntary Contribution

E nd of 2014, I was considering to make voluntary contribution to Medisave account. Apart from the reason that this is tax deductible which I can save a bit in my following year income tax payment, the 5% interest per annum is another factor contributing to my thought.  Well, mentioning about CPF is one of the sensitive topic for Singaporean to talk about since this often draws a lot of comments from the reader. I often see there are so many comments below the yahoo news of CPF, HDB etc topic related.  When I check on my CPF Statement every year, I found that the interest earned for my Medisave account is quite a significant amount which I think it can be considered as a safe deposit even though hard to withdraw out from the account is the drawback and the keep changing CPF rules making it even harder to plan for the strategy.  Personally, I feel that buying a health insurance is important to prepare for unforeseen circumstances. I was very happy to pay for MediShield years bac